Item Number: 149745
Title: The Cast Courts
Author: Patterson, Angus ; Marjorie Trusted
Record created on 12/11/18
Description: London: Victoria and Albert Museum, 2018. 22cm., pbk., 112pp. illus.
Summary: First opened in 1873, the Victoria and Albert Museumís Cast Courts were purpose built to house copies of architecture and sculpture from around the world. They contain some of the Museumís largest objects, including casts of Trajanís Column (shown in two halves) and the twelfth century Portico de la Gloria from the cathedral at Santiago de Compostela. Among the Museumís most popular galleries, the Cast Courts are an extraordinary expression of Victorian taste, ambition and public spirit.
P.O. Box 3904, Kingston, New York 12402 US
© Copyright 1996-2019
Michael Shamansky, Bookseller Inc.
Design & Hosting by Ives & Shaughnessy Web Information Services